Where is the Limousin Region ?
The Limousin, with a population of 740,000 inhabitants, is situated in West France: its capital is LIMOGES.
Limoges is :
· 392 km from Paris
· 288 km from Toulouse
· 225 km from Bordeaux
· 430 km from Lyon
The region is made up of 3 administrative areas :
· Corrèze. Its capital is TULLE.
· Creuse. Its capital is GUERET.
· Haute-Vienne. Its capital is LIMOGES.
See the Limousin map.
Getting to Limoges:
· by air: http://www.aeroportlimoges.com/en-EN/
o Airlines companies: Ryanair, Flybe
At Limoges international Airport, it is possible to rent a car or to take a taxi.
· by train: http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers# (on site: bus, car rentals, taxis)
· by road: A20 (Paris-Toulouse), free motorway between Vierzon and Brive.
· by boat: http://www.aferry.co.uk/ferry-to-france-ferries-uk.htm (ferry companies, ferry routes, ports ...)